Welcome to the first online resource for surgery and inhibitors
The Virtual Surgical Center of Excellence was developed to be your single resource
for useful, relevant, and current information about the option of orthopedic surgery
for your patients with hemophilia with inhibitors.
Because the number of patients with hemophilia with inhibitors is so small, many
hematologists may have little experience helping patients prepare for the inevitable
questions and challenges. By thoroughly exploring this narrow disease state and
its many aspects concerning successful treatment, we can provide a resource you
will visit time and again.
Here, you'll be able to:
- Weigh surgical risks and benefits
- Get the latest clinical data
- Examine the causes and progression of joint disease
- Hear and read from professionals in the field
- Learn about management strategies and treatment options
- Test your knowledge in interactive challenges that are fun and educational
- Access useful tools to facilitate the surgical process
The decision to have surgery is a big one and depends on many individual patient
factors. The information and education provided by The Virtual Surgical Center of
Excellence will help you learn about surgery as an option for your patients with
hemophilia with inhibitors.